Personal Data Protection
This page contains the personal data protection and privacy policies adopted by Japan Foods Holding Limited and its subsidiaries (the “Company”) in conducting its business activities and governing the use of this website ("the Site") in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
The Company respects the privacy of individuals with regard to personal data and recognises the need to treat this personal data in an appropriate and lawful manner, and is committed to comply with its obligations in this regard, in respect of all personal data it handles.
The Company may change some parts or all of the contents of this policy from time to time, and you are advised to check the content of this policy on a regular basis.
If you consider that this policy has not been followed in respect of personal data about you or others, you should raise the matter with the Data Protection Officer as soon as possible.
COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Generally, the Company collects and uses your personal data for the following purposes:
- Responding to your complaints, queries and feedbacks;
- Administering and processing your application for job positions and employments within the Company;
- Administering and maintaining shareholder relations which include, but not limited to, reports, newsletters, publications, invitations and products from us;
- Customer verification, security and investigation;
- Business publication and development; or
- Internal record keeping.
For the purposes stated above, the Company may collect relevant personal information via website, emails, telephone, application form or other means. Depending on the purposes, the personal information collected by the Company may includes, but not limited to the following:
- NRIC/FIN/Passport Number;
- Marital status;
- Date of birth;
- Company name;
- Job title/profession;
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as address, postal code, preferences and interests;
- Financial information such as bank account or credit/debit card numbers;
- Photograph; and/or
- CCTV footages.
Any personal data supplied by you will be retained by the Company as long as necessary according to our internal policy for the fulfilment of the purposes stated above or is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
The Company will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your personal data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following:
- Our management team and employees who have official business need to access your personal data;
- Agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to the Company, such as IT support, security, training, or other services;
- Our professional advisers which include, but not limited to, auditors, lawyers and consultants;
- Relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data to.
Apart from the purposes mentioned above, unless we are obliged or permitted by the Act to do so, your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent.
The Company require third parties, which are exposed to your personal data, to acknowledge the confidentiality of this data and comply with the Act. However, we do not provide any warranty or take any responsibility of any misuse undertaken by third parties.
By submitting your personal data to us, you agree and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by the Company for some or all of the purposes mentioned above.
If you provide us with personal information relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents or relatives), you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their personal data for the respective purposes.
You may at any time withdraw any consent given in respect of the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data by giving prior notice in the form of a formal written request addressed to the Data Protection Officer.
Please allow the Company a reasonable period of time to cease the collection, usage and disclosure of your personal data after you have submitted your withdrawal request. Please note that once consent is withdrawn, the Company will not collect, use and disclose your personal data, which will make us unable to fulfil our services or other obligations to you.
ACCESS, CORRECTION AND ACCURACY TO PERSONAL DATA
Some of your personal data may change frequently. Therefore, we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible should there be any changes on your personal data such as address, contact number, etc.
You may apply for a copy of your personal data held by the Company or request for your personal data to be updated or corrected by sending a formal written request to our Data Protection Officer. Within a reasonable period of time after receiving your request, we shall:
- Provide you with a copy of your personal data under our custody and/or other relevant information in accordance with the Act; or
- Correct your personal data as soon as practicable and inform you that the correction has been made to your personal data; or
- Inform you that your request to access or correct your personal data is rejected, if the request was made in circumstances predefined by the Act where such access or correction is prohibited or not required.
You should ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete and accurate. Failure to do so may result in our inability to provide you with information or services you have requested.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The Company will take reasonable measures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
To ensure the protection of your personal data, all of our employees are required to keep personal data confidential and only authorised persons have access to such information.
CONTACT OUR DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Should you have a complaint or require more information about how we manage your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
Japan Foods Holding Limited
420 North Bridge Road #02-01
North Bridge Centre, Singapore 188727
Tel: (65) 6333 9781
Fax: (65) 6333 9782